Rod Banks Memorial Bursary
This bursary is in memory of Deputy Chief Rod Banks, who dedicated 45 years to the Parksville Volunteer Fire Department. Rod was a consummate family man and was a respected and dedicated member of the local community. He was a leader in all aspects of his life and not afraid to make changes to better the community.
Who can apply?
To be awarded to deserving students who have been accepted for post-secondary education. Selection preference will be give to those who are entering Emergency Services.
Preference will be given in the following order:
- Current Parksville Fire Department member OR member’s child/grandchild
- PVFD Honourary member’s child/grandchild
- Any student (must be entering Emergency Services field)
How can I apply?
To apply – Please complete the application form and submit to the following:
Mail or in person to:
PVFD Bursary Committee
160 W Jensen Ave PO Box 1390
The bursary committee reserves the right to NOT award the bursary but may award more than one if funding permits. The bursary amount will be $500.00 per recipient.
- Applications must be received by the committee no later than June 1st (current year).
Applications received after cut-off date will not be considered.
- Prior recipients of the bursary may reapply for an additional year of funding.
Preference will be given to first time applicants.
- Proof of acceptance from a post-secondary institution will be required before funds are released.
- Money must be claimed within six months of being awarded.